VP Communications is a values-driven public-relations consultancy based in DeLand, Fla. VP Communications’ president Vickie Pleus, APR, CPRC, provides strategic, professional public relations services to small businesses, nonprofits and local government agencies around the country. Vickie is accredited in public relations (APR – the only nationally recognized certification of the public relations profession), and is a Certified Public Relations Counselor.
How does VP Communications assist clients?
VP Communications leads businesses through public relations processes, including conducting SWOT analyses (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats), identifying audiences, crafting effective messages and choosing cost-effective and useful media through which to send them, and measuring results and that much-needed return on investment. Vickie believes in pursuing research-based public relations whenever time and resources allow, and aims to create public relations plans that use proven PR tools, tactics and strategies to realize the best results possible for clients.
Vickie has spent 15 years in the public relations profession and has experience with:
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn)
- E-newsletters through Constant Contact
- Blog set-up and writing (Blogger and WordPress)
- Writing and graphic design for brochures and miscellaneous collateral
- Website set-up and writing (WordPress and Network Solutions)
- Feature stories, client profiles and corporate messaging
- Editorial for newspapers and magazines
- News media releases and publicity
- Marketing and communications plans